When the Last Ship Sailed
Progressing to the next tier involves four stages. When a PC has spent 4 XP on each of the stages, he advances to the next tier and gains all the type and focus benefits of that tier. The four stages can be purchased in any order, but each can be purchased only once per tier. In other words, a PC must buy all four stages and advance to the next tier before he can buy the same stage again.
Increasing Capabilities: You gain 4 new points to add to your stat Pools. You can allocate the points among your Pools however you wish.
Moving Toward Perfection: You add 1 to your Might Edge, your Speed Edge, or your Intellect Edge (your choice).
Extra Effort: Your Effort score increases by 1.
Skills: You become trained in one skill of your choice, other than attacks or defense. If you choose a skill that you are already trained in, you become specialized in that skill, reducing the difficulty of related tasks by two steps instead of one.
Other Options: Players can also spend 4 XP to purchase other special options. Selecting any of these options counts as purchasing one of the four stages necessary to advance to the next tier. The special options are as follows:
- Reduce the cost for wearing armor. This option lowers the Might cost by 1 and lowers the Speed reduction by 1.
- Add 2 to your recovery rolls.
- If you are a Vector, select a new Move. The Move must be from your tier or a lower tier.
- If you are a Paradox, select a new Revision. The Revision must be from your tier or a lower tier.
- If you are a Spinner, select a new Twist. The Twist must be from your tier or a lower tier.